MAXITEC adopts this code of conduct to ensure fair practice and to serve as benchmark service standard in dealings with individual consumers.
We undertake to:
- Act in a fair, reasonable and responsible manner in all dealings with consumers;
- Ensure that all services and products meet the specifications as contained in their licences and all the relevant laws and regulations;
- Not unfairly discriminate against or between consumers on the basis of race, gender, sex, age, religion, belief, disability, ethnic background or sexual orientation;
- Display utmost courtesy and care when dealing with consumers;
- Provide consumers with information regarding services and pricing;
- Where requested, provide consumers with guidance with regard to their customer needs;
- Keep consumer’s personal information confidential; and
- Advise consumers of their right to refer complaints to ICASA.
In terms of the services we provide, we acknowledge the following consumer rights:
- A right to be provided with the required service without unfair discrimination;
- A right to choose the service provider of their choice;
- A right to receive information in their preferred language;
- A right to access and question records and information held by the service provider;
- A right to the protection of the consumer’s personal data, including the right not to have personal data sold to third parties without the permission of the consumer;
- A right to port a number in terms of applicable regulations;
- A right to lodge a complaint; and
- A right to redress
INDUSTRY REPRESENTATIVE BODY
As a member of the Internet Service Providers’ Association (ISPA), MAXITEC will uphold and abide by the ISPA Code of Conduct.