MAXITEC Code of Conduct
MAXITEC CONSUMER CODE OF CONDUCT
Maxitec adopts this code of conduct to ensure fair practice and to serve as benchmark service standard in dealings with individual consumers.
We undertake to:
- Act in a fair, reasonable and responsible manner in all dealings with consumers;
- Ensure that all services and products meet the specifications as contained in their licences and all the relevant laws and regulations;
- Not unfairly discriminate against or between consumers on the basis of race, gender, sex, age, religion, belief, disability, ethnic background or sexual orientation;
- Display utmost courtesy and care when dealing with consumers;
- Provide consumers with information regarding services and pricing;
- Where requested, provide consumers with guidance with regard to their customer needs;
- Keep consumerís personal information confidential; and
- Advise consumers of their right to refer complaints to ICASA.
In terms of the services we provide, we acknowledge the following consumer rights:
- A right to be provided with the required service without unfair discrimination;
- A right to choose the service provider of their choice;
- A right to receive information in their preferred language;
- A right to access and question records and information held by the service provider;
- A right to the protection of the consumerís personal data, including the right not to have personal data sold to third parties without the permission of the consumer;
- A right to port a number in terms of applicable regulations;
- A right to lodge a complaint; and
- A right to redress
Industry Representative Body
As a member of the Internet Service Providersí Association (ISPA), MAXITEC will uphold and abide by the ISPA Code of Conduct.